Hello! We are Kaitlin and Sean from Connecticut, USA, and we are here in Cambodia for 2 weeks. We are doing a Give and Take Tour through Journeys Within, which means we spend half of our time here volunteering, and half sightseeing. Today was the first day of volunteering, and we went to Wat Thmei Pagoda School, a language school sponsored by Journeys. We spent the two hours meeting the students and helping them practice their English conversational skills. We were both impressed with how well many of the students spoke English, especially those that have only been studying for a year or so! We got lots of questions about how schools are in the U.S. and it seemed as though they were all very interested in education and careers in America. We had a great time and can’t wait to go back tomorrow afternoon!
- Putting choice (and cash) in the hands of Cambodian youth
- Staff Corner: Keisha reflects on her first 2 months as a Development Director!
- Staff Corner: Konthea’s first 2 months as JWOC’s Managing Director!
- How digital literacy improves employment opportunities
- Staff Corner: Dara reflects on JWOC’s team spirit